Earthquake! Waaaaah!!!

Last Friday evening, while I was chatting with my brother and sister through IM, a strong earthquake shook the building I was living in. The earthquake was strong enough to topple some books on my bookshelf and cause my computer table to give off a disturbing creaking sound. Probably what distressed me more was the fact that I couldn't afford a new 19" monitor at the moment (I could imagine myself using my nephew's 14" monitor with the words "comuter" scrawled at the top with a blue marker *shudder*). I immediately left the building (with the presence of mind to put on more, errr... "decent" clothing) and waited outside with another colleague who also lived there until we were sure there were no more tremors.
What was interesting is that in spite the fact that I was in near panic when I realized what was happening, I still took time to type on my keyboard something very similar to the following:

Me: Aaahhh!1! earthquajke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Me: waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :(


Of course they were probably mildly alarmed by this so my sister (who is in fact quite literally on the opposite side of the world) called my mother (who lives in the same country as myself but on another island) who in turn called me on my cell phone to ask me if I am OK. All of that within a few minutes! This connectivity thing is quite amazing. Don't you agree?

I included a photo collage "zeitgeist" from Flickr. Tell me what you think about it. :)

Comments