Longing and sadness, uncertainty and regret.

I am very sorry that I haven't been updating my blog regularly these past few weeks. Truth be told, I was a bit distracted. It's just that something has been preoccupying me all this time and now that it's over I feel a bit depressed. It is really hard to let go when something that has been a very close part of your daily life is finally over. The funny thing is that I would sometimes catch myself thinking about the way it used to be... remembering the good times... reminiscing on the past... the places we went to... the different people we met along the way. *sigh* It's true what they say that you never truly appreciate something until it is already gone.

And with this feeling of longing and sadness also comes uncertainty and regret. Perhaps I should have done things differently? I was so new to all of this that I made a lot of mistakes along the way. Sure it's my first time but is that a good excuse? As the wise will say, it is very easy to make the right decisions in hindsight, but at the time I was overwhelmed with all of the possibilities before me. Well, I suppose it's no use crying over spilled milk as the saying goes. What's done is done and there will be no turning back now. The only solace I have is that our parting of ways has nothing to do with any mistake I may have made on my part. It was inevitable. I have known from the start that it would not last and amidst the carefree and joyous times it was at the back of my thoughts at all times. The time I had been dreading came all too soon. But it was not my decision to make. I had no choice but to let go.

Surely there will be others, I thought. But it probably wouldn't be the same. There's something magical about your first time and you are possessed with a child-like wonder eager to explore the seemingly endless possibilities. But on the other hand, I'm a little bit wiser now and wouldn't make the same mistakes I had the first time. Only time will tell if it's better the second time around. I can't wait for what tomorrow will bring. It will be a whole new adventure!

World of Warcraft will be coming back to my life hopefully tomorrow on the 23rd of November and Jepprox the dwarven hunter will be reborn! Beary my pet bear, Rex my cat... *sob* I've missed you all!!!

And you thought I was talking about what?

World of Warcraft is a Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (MMORPG) from Blizzard Entertainment.


Comments