Tardiness for the new year?


Originally uploaded by Jepster.
I woke up at 8:30 this morning! I panicked when I saw my alarm clock. I have been late everyday since coming back for the new year that my boss is beginning to take notice. Is it my imagination or is he frowning at me every time I see him. It could just be my overactive imagination but I can't be sure. I was supposed to go early starting today. Oh well, I suppose I could start that tomorrow. It's a good thing that I had a meeting taking up the rest of my morning. I only knew about it the moment I arrived (the phone was ringing in my desk when I was unlocking my door and quickly answered it trying to mask my heavy breathing from running through the hallway). So when a colleague asked where I was the whole morning, I wasn't lying when I told him I was in a meeting hehe.

I would then feel sleepy the whole morning with my productivity increasing only after lunchtime. I have long since stopped being a coffee addict so I didn't have the usual perk up in the morning brought about by a jolt of caffeine. I have nobody to blame except for myself. Well, aside from sleeping late playing WOW or chatting with friends, I just feel so tired these past few days. I have started jogging every afternoon starting off with 15 minute jogs at the start of the year and a 20 minute jog just yesterday (with brief periods of walking trying to catch my breath in between hehe). Ideally I will eventually bring it up to 30 minutes but I don't think I should push it so far just yet. I am hoping that I could sustain this sort of activity throughout the year. I just feel so out of shape lately. *sigh*

One thing I am concerned about is that this feeling of tiredness may also be caused by my body's inability to process the sugar in my body for energy. It is a common symptom with diabetics I heard. I just had my yearly medical check-up and the doctor scolded me for not coming back after a month from the first diagnosis. I took medication for about 2 months and didn't go back for the follow up. It's one of those things that you keep on postponing because you are currently busy with this or that and before you know it, one year has passed. I haven't talked to the company doctor yet for the interpretation of my medical results but I hope it has improved. In the meantime, I really should do something about my current diet and lifestyle. Hmm... I'm thinking that I should do other stuff besides jogging on a treadmill for 30 minutes watching Spongebob on TV (strange I know but it's the show that's on Nick about the time I jog), like swimming or *shudder* badminton (I still haven't gotten over my dislike for this sport for some reason). We'll see in the next couple of weeks how it turns out.

The pic? Oh that's just the TV as seen from inside a mineral water bottle. hehe.

Comments

Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said…
You're still jogging I hope? Is 15 minutes of jogging as good as 30 mins. of walking?
S