Fertility totems and white sandy beaches

I received a weird postcard from my mother a few months ago. Not that she sends out postcards because she does so on an almost regular basis since she went on vacation. It was weird because the postcard depicted 2 African fertility statues from Ripley's that was supposedly responsible for thousands of women getting pregnant simply by touching it. I wonder. Is she trying to tell me something? hmm. Her message on the card was innocuous enough. Something about sinkholes I think.

I also picked up a couple of postcards when I went to the beach last weekend. While I was writing on it, I realized that I never sent anybody a postcard before. Come to think about it I don't think I even know where the post office is located. I'm almost tempted to just scan it and attach it to an e-mail message. It showed a scenic view of White Beach (we did not actually stay there but we did go there on our 2nd day and is actually about an hour away by boat). The place looks a whole lot better in the postcard if you ask me. Those postcard photographers must really be good. Postcard perfect as some would say. Hehe.

Comments