To Sugar or Not to Sugar

Last December, I discovered a wonderful place for diabetics to go out and have those desserts they always craved for but could not eat because of their situation. The place is called "Sugar-Not" located in Megamall. Ironically, I discovered it when I was just finishing off my regular yearly medical checkup and my doctor was admonishing me for not keeping my blood sugar in check. Last stop was for my Audiometry test at the fifth floor. I had to wait for some time for the technician to come out from her lunch break so I had some time to kill.

Seeing the name of the shop for the first time made my heart skip a beat. Sugar-Not... Could it be? I went inside and asked the attendant which pastries were sugar free. She answered back, "all of them". And that was when I realized I was in sugar free heaven. :D

Their menu was mouth watering with sample photos of some of the items. I decided to give it a shot.

My impressions:

  • New York Cheesecake - a bit dry and the blueberry topping featured in the menu was not available. A bit of a disappointment.
  • Carrot Cake - very very nice. It was moist and flavorful. Just what I imagined it to taste like.
  • Latte Lite - the best I tasted so far. Beats an iced Starbucks cafĂ© lattĂ© with sugar free vanilla syrup anytime.

I will definitely go back there to sample the rest of their offerings. Can't wait…

A collage of sugar free desserts in pastel colors with the title 'To sugar or not to sugar' in a playful font - image generated with the assistance of Dall-E3. 


Comments