Hairy tentacles of death


La Mesa Eco Park 15-09-2008
Originally uploaded by
Jepster

It almost looks like a photo of an alien's tentacles ready to grab you and pull you inside it's stomach chamber where you will slowly be eaten up by the slimy digestive juices. It is actually a photo of a young fern leaf ready to unfurl. Looks freaky huh. Well that's just one of the many fascinating sights that can be seen inside the La Mesa Dam Ecopark. A friend and I decided to check it out one weekend. Armed with my 2 digital cameras (I let him use my PENTAX *ist DL2 while I used my trusty old CANON EOS 350D) we tried to capture as much images as we can. The place has a lot of cool looking plants. I was even ambushed by a group of students and they wanted me to participate in a school project by interviewing me on video about the environment. It was a moderately stressful activity since I was feeling a bit conscious about the video. I hope I didn't say anything stupid that their whole class would laugh about in class. I wonder if my nose hairs were sticking out. Did it show in the video that I was nervous? The students actually thought I was a professional photographer. I feel a bit flattered about that. Maybe they thought that I looked at ease holding a camera as opposed to my friend hehe. Or probably it was just because of my camera bag dangling on my shoulder and my DSLR hanging from my neck.

The place was nice. There was a lagoon for boat rides, a rock climbing activity wall (not an activity for me, I will wait for a time when I can actually carry my own weight), an area for paintball (ack! I don't like violent sports), a vermiculture area (got to love em worms eh? They are the future!), and several food kiosks (now that's more like it hehe). After going through all those areas, we noticed that there was a big sign that read "Entrance". What we thought as the "Park" was nothing more than the entryway and parking lot to the park itself! It was getting a bit late so it's something to explore for another time. :D


La Mesa Eco Park 15-09-2008

La Mesa Eco Park 15-09-2008

La Mesa Eco Park 15-09-2008


Things to look forward to: A flower terrace, an activity nature trail for those health nuts, a fishing lagoon, a saltwater swimming pool and lots more! Can't believe we missed the actual park. I looked at their website and the area is actually quite huge. More photo opportunities for me then :) I can't wait to go back.

Comments